Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Negativity of thought

What does the title mean?

You hear a lot about being positive when you prepare for interviews. At least that was the first time I heard about being positive whenever you answer a question. And the funny thing is that you don’t find mention of all this kind of talk after you enter the job.

SO if you don’t find the mention of all these things in the job and given the fact that I am in a job then why the heck am I talking about it. Well because some one else spoke to me about being negative in thought.

So what does being negative mean in principle. In my perception it could mean
Not being hopeful about future
Not painting a rosy picture for the times to come
Thinking more about the failure rather than success.
I can’t think of anything else in being negative than these. So since I have been branded as negative I would take that as premise of the forthcoming discussion. I would want to give the advantages of being negative:
You know what your limitations are.
You are not overestimating your potential.
If you are an immaculate planner you are highly likely to achieve your goals since you have been negative in thoughts and hence your goals can’t be too far fetched for you to expect the luck being on your side.
Now what are the disadvantages of possessing negative thoughts?
Well, you are limiting yourself; hence you can’t be a groundbreaking achiever.
It is highly likely that you underestimate your potential and hence you don’t achieve what you actually capable of.
Since thinking negative is highly unfashionable or non HEP as they put it, you are always likely to fall in the wrong side of a debate where on one side you are trying to defend yourself logically (something I credit myself with) like a villain in any action movie and on the other side are the heroes. So this is a major problem that you are going to encounter time and again. The result of this could be that you end up making a lot of enemies or you end up loosing a lot of friends.
I also credit myself with being less emotional then other people around myself and hence I had resolved to keep this negativity of thought to myself and not to make it public. But today it came out in a highly indirect form in front of a very good friend of mine. I am really scared that I end up hurting the person although I don’t have any such intention, but as I have already pointed out that it is an obvious result of being on the negative side of thoughts. So how do I help myself in this situation??
The only answer I have right now is to become a better analyst of implications of what I say to other people. When I do that I will be able to save my friendships from being adversely impacted by my thoughts and what I am?
But don’t they say that your friends should accept as what you are and you shouldn’t change to make friends???
I can’t logically resolve this fallacy.
Life mein peace

4 Comments:

Blogger arpana said...

i think you are right :) no two ways about it

2/13/2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger Ankit said...

Common dude there are theories to prove the fact tht staying positive drives you to perform your best.

and it does motivate u

3/02/2007 2:00 AM  
Blogger Life said...

I am happy that i have had written about a topic which generated totally different about same topic.

3/03/2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger animaesh said...

nice analysis be! I was delighted to read your blog...and this topic is a cool one too. I think one needs to be both +ve as well as -ve at the same time. I guess what matters is just the extent to which you can be +/- and still remain sane!

3/05/2007 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home