Sunday, October 29, 2006

Coconut Chutni

I haven’t written anything since last 2 weeks. I have tried to open MS word and write about a lot of things that include

• Diwali is actually Deepawali = Deep + AAwali(line of deepaks)

• People getting really conscious about their wt. and counting calories of everything from Coconut chatni (1 tea spoon of coconut chatni = 22 mins of tread mill) to a glass of milk and even curd.

Given my slim trim body (which is an understatement), I have never ever even bothered to think about the implications (long or short) of what I eat. But as soon as i got into this travelling kind of training job, my mom got really got serious about what i should and should not be eating. Now i am allowed to only eat roti made of "AAta".

Beta chahe jyada paise dene padein, yaa 10 min intazaar karna pade!! Tu roti aate kee hee khana.

So in turn I am also being made conscious of what I eat, something I really abhor.

Other thing that comes in being health conscious comes is going to gym. Ab mere jaisa 'pehalwaan' agar gym jaayega to bachega kya...

You must have some extra calories to burn out in the gym or you must have out of shape body to get into shape. I don’t posses either of them. So what I do!!!

But still I frequently go to gym.

Actually gym is not even 100mts. from my guest house building. So while talking on phone with my caring mom on serious health issues I face on my travelling job, I sometimes enter the gym and do the rituals of touching and feeling the gym equipment.

The funniest thing that lies in the gym is the tread mill. HOW can some one run on the treadmill for such long time intervals which stretch anywhere from 10 mins to 1 hr. If I want to run, would i not want to run inside the green campus or even outside (although outside has an disadvantage of having so much of air and noise pollution). But the advantage of running outside is that you see a lot of greenery esp in banglore . You have to change directions, i.e. you have to use your mind a bit, i.e. you have something to do other than running.


Hence...In case I decide to run...I would prefer not to run on that boring treadmill (un till and unless they put a TV in front of the boring black machine and i am allowed to put some really interesting channels which can actually keep me interested and running for such inconceivably long time intervals without having that inherent itch inside my mind to touch the remote.

Zindagi mein variety bahut zaroori hai. 

ak



ހˇހˇﻐ˜

4 Comments:

Blogger Bebo said...

Naturally slim and trim I guess.

10/30/2006 4:53 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

hmmm, but what do you do if its raining or snowing outside? at such times, gym is our only sahara! :)

10/30/2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Life said...

@life lover...

yaar kabhi kabhi to aaram bhi karna chahiye naa!!!
Life mein thodi variety bhi to honi chaihiye naa!!!

ak

10/30/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

chances are, till you actually join a gym, you'll never motivate yourself to exercise and lose weight! I've been telling myself to wake up half hour earlier than my usual time since the past 3 years and go for a jog but it just doesn't happen! It's all about the motivation

11/10/2006 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home