Thursday, April 27, 2006

Full Circle in LIFE


Could be useful if you don’t know? Bogie = Train kaa Dabba (This is the terminology i have used)


Time flies, yes it does. When time of end of semester comes, most people count the number of days to the last exam.

‘X’ days left of freedom, then this sem will end.

But I count the days till the start of exams only. My reason is that during the exams you never get the time to count hence “end the count till you do actually count”

A twisted funda but the jest is that when you are really busy, time is the last of the things that bother at least very much true for me.

So my end semester examinations ended on 25th. But my fundaes about end of anything are also not very simple.

Since the JEE preparation days end of things hasn’t be able to please me. The probable reason is that after 10th comes 12. After 12th comes JEE. After JEE come mid sem and after them come end sems. And one sem follows another one like the bogies of train. And finally after all the end sems come the JOB. I have reached till here only, more experienced people could tell me more about this illusive end that we never reach.

So an end in effect is a beginning too. But there are cool off periods in between also. For example I have 2 months at my disposal before I join my job. But these cool offs are like the stinky toilet areas between the bogies of train because you have nothing much to do, lots of time to waste while doing nothing. This is something I hate the most. And this smell of toilet starts to bother you even when you are nearing the corner of the bogie. I am in the same state right now.

After my final BTP presentation on 2nd I will be unemployed for 2 months, with nothing great to do till 1st of July. The best parts of my days would be eating, and if by chance a good movie comes on HBO or Star movies. That’s it. People relish living with their families but I don’t like it when I don’t do anything productive. It’s alright for 3-4 days but 2 months is like a bogie of toilets.

Last few thoughts don’t present a very samajik and parivarik picture of mine but WHO cares? I have been like this since my first year and most of my friends know about this.

Last few days have been eventful also. My brother took his JEE, VITEEE. And he is going to take AIEEE on the 30th. For those who don’t know what these capitalized words mean? These are the names of various engineering entrance exams that children in India at a very tender age of 17-18 are required to pass in order to become respectable engineers after putting in atleast 2 years of hard work that kills a part of their creativity and exhausts them partly.

But in turn it gives them access to the best of the jobs, and higher education in the country as well as abroad. (I know a lot of my friends in IIT would differ on this, but this is my line of thinking)

But in a country like India where its very difficult to nurture your sporting, musical or any other non academic talent what other options a middle class father has, except to squeeze all his resources, put his child into a good coaching institute and hope that his son is also one of those blessed 10,000 graduating engineers or medicos who will end up getting the best of white collar jobs in the country in all probabilities.

I have said that ‘in all probabilities’ because not all people graduating from good colleges are success and similar argument applies from the other side too, which means “many people who don’t graduate from such colleges are great successes too”. But out of these ten thousand, atleast six thousand could be successful on the other hand out of remaining ten lakh there would be six thousand.

So it’s a game of probabilities. You hope that you don’t get sick during your preparation days, you don’t sleep much, and you study a lot, and ultimately reach the examination centre without any accident and take the paper in a room where the invigilator is not talking to his assistant in a loud voice. And finally you sincerely hope that JEE doesn’t make any mistake while checking your paper and gives you the rank deserved. But there are atleast 10,000 people eyeing the 3000 odd seats. But these are the grim realities of middle class Indian life.

And if all that happens then you become the more probable one for success.

So life has come full circle for me. I was in same situation 4 years ago. Today its my brother.

But Harsh realities of life don’t give a damn to relationships (Bhai Bhatijaawaad). Every one has to fight his own battles, get wounded, bear the pain, get up again, reach the goals and start again afresh for another battle

ak

4 Comments:

Blogger Ankit said...

HEy best of luck ..to ur bro i hope he too makes it like u.

Abe u are getting two months holidays enjoy it before the Britannia people will curb down ur freedom

4/27/2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Life said...

thanks yaar.
waise hamari freedom ko kaun cut kar sakta hai:P
ak

4/28/2006 6:03 AM  
Blogger Aditi said...

nice blog.. thanks for visiting
=)

5/01/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Dew Drops said...

truly said, dear. before u finish the first year with ur present job, u wud start searching for the second one or preparing for CAT.

life is a well written alogorithm, with all ifs and buts taken care of. we can make the difference while feedin the input ...

5/02/2006 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home