Monday, March 27, 2006

EDP

It has been a big hassle for me to be not able to publish photos with my blog. Either it is a good day for me or I have found out the way to put photos. Any ways it’s not good for me (temporarily)!!!

Well the answer to this tricky situation is that, after extension of the deadline for submission for my EDP, rather our EDP once already, I am still in the process of starting my work. And this process of starting has taken too long. I have been starting since the week before holi and I haven’t yet done anything substantial as yet.

The EDP report has to be a 60 page long detailed plant design of an acetic acid plant which produces 50,000 tons per annum of this chemical. I have already submitted a 30 page report for the same, but to be true I still don't know what Colour is acetic acid, how it smells. The professor who was evaluating my presentation in my first stage told me that its vinegar that we use at home for preservation of pickles and many more things. Abey yaar! How am I supposed to know what the hell do we put in achars. I never did make one. And even if we put acetic acid in pickles, milawat wala hota hoga!!

I am not going to divulge the black magic that I did for my first stage submission, because the same is going to continue in the stage 2 also.

This issue takes me back to the same point where I can start the process of criticizing IIT system of education, but I am in no mood because I have to design a plant for this hypothetical chemical whose 6.4 million tons were consumed in the world in 2003, but that should not be a problem for me since the raw materials do bear the same hypothetical nature to me, they are Carbon mono oxide (hope fully its nature remains unknown to all of us, since it can kill in even in a few seconds and I didn’t know that when I wrote my first stage report. A gentle man from Britannia who was taking my interview and finally offered me the job too told me this valuable information.) And the other one is Methanol (A few survivors of zaharili sharab kands that happen too often may know how it tastes, but since I haven’t even tasted non poisonous daaru, so it also remains an illusive raw material to me).

And the process goes on. The person who doesn’t know how his product and raw materials look, smell or feel like (although I know that all these activities could be dangerous, since its an unfriendly lot of chemicals), is supposed to design a plant (the title of project may be designing a plant, but the job is to write a 60 page report that may or may not make sense, and then try your best to defend it for 20 odd minutes in front of professors of IIT who may also be in same condition as you are except for the authority they have.) And if some one actually tries to implement my design, then who will help him, those Profs, me or the god.

So what is the significance of image that I have put?? Lets assume that its a drop of methanol for the time being because I don’t know how that looks like :D

ak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home