Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Senti of my profile

After I started blogging it was my longest break, probably a week or so. But a lot happened during this time. My hostel has formally said to me, “kat lo bhai”. Still I will be staying here for at least a month. And this hostel will be staying in mind for whole my life.

There is a tradition of saying a few words “how you wont forget this place and how thankful you are to friends” after the profile reading, and doubt clearing session. Similar to what Oscar winners do after receiving the award or the Miss India universe does after being crowned.

It’s really difficult to summarize your 4 long years in IIT in a few words. Some people come the fashionable way with a few lines of poem or ghazals. Some other ignorant souls don’t really care. But when you are in the hot seat, it really becomes a difficult job, if you go really unprepared like me.

With at least 20 people staring at you, and some expecting there names to be taken as a token of thanks, your mind too overcrowded with emotions to actually think and say. That’s what happened to me.

After a rather uneventful profile with nothing new to surprise me, no cooked stories gave a rather clean image of my 4 years stay. This may not be the entire truth though. But I was kind of disheartened to not to have tough questions to answer in my profile.

It’s a habit of mine to actually write things down, if they are really important. It could be a quality or a show of my incompetence to do things impromptu. This time I chose to remain unprepared. I try and run away from emotions, but they seem to catch up faster than I expect. I also got a bit emotional when I was being interrogated for all my doings in IIT.

When people have had enough, they say, “Chal ab senti maar le yaar”. I think this is the way this tradition developed. It’s very difficult to find an end to this process of interrogation, when so many people are interested. So those people waiting for their own turn to come, and bored with things + it gets really late in the night. So, Senti is the answer, to this search of formal “The end”.

My senti was also different. Since I was unprepared and I got emotional, the first thing I did was to accept that I was emotional because I was leaving a place. I have left so many places that getting emotional about places would be the last thing coming to my mind. Hence IIT has something special in itself.

People used to say, “Some people breakdown, at the time of convocation”. I used to think, “Ho sakta hai yaar, some people are too emotional to control”. It never came to my mind that I could be one of them. But it seems that EQ has increased in me too. If I cry on the day of my convo, it would be one of the first surprises in my uneventful life up till now.

I am still waiting for my profile video, to see how I faired while senti marrofying. I am trying to remember if I said thanks to all the wonderful people around myself. I actually wanted this iit stay to continue. The reasons for that may not be IIT only. The harsh realities of life are going to come out sooner or later and I want to delay them for as long as possible. I think I said that.

But if you didn’t like my senti and wanted your name to be there, I am sorry. If I take names than it becomes a really difficult and longer route. So I chose the safer route and said thanks to all, at least I planned to do so.

But one thing is really bugging me. No one said thanks to me. Am I that bad, useless, worthless, selfish kind of guy? Or all are as smart as me:D

Ak
Who cares!! And whatever i cant change things now

3 Comments:

Blogger SUNMAY said...

hmm...so someone is going senti (sob...sob..) over matters..!well thats how life is ""aankhon me sapne liye iit se ham chal to diye ...jaane yeh raahe le jayengi kahan ..."" for more go and listen to the song !

4/04/2006 6:14 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

koi nahin yaar i thank u !!!!!!
Thnks for giving me those precious moments in class and notes in need

4/04/2006 7:07 AM  
Blogger Hrisheekesh Sabnis said...

thanks amit... for all these blogs and everything else...

4/05/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home